In search of identity, a universal human problem, I enjoyed this (very Chinese) article from China Daily:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/citylife/2008-03/05/content_6509645.htm

and for the bibliophile epicureans among us -- you know who you are:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/citylife/2008-03/06/content_6513941.htm

makes me want that level of fluency that is not yet in my grasp! I'm feeling a bit stranded today as the rain has arrived earlier than I expected. Cabs are hard to come by around here even when it is nice; if I get out today it will have to be by foot/umbrella or combination with subway. Hence the references to the above articles. But I am in search of tortilla chips to go with my fresh salsa...and I'm in SHANGHAI where you really can get just about anything! It may be time to invest in a handy rain slicker to wear on the bike; the coated material also covers the handlebars while riding. Then again it may be the day to catch up on my stack of DVDs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on, LIVE!

You know you've been in China for a while when...

March 1, 2011