qibao snack



The snacks were awesome. I ate dumplings and then, total decadence, I ate "basa cao mei" which is candied strawberries on a stick! (You can see one stick of strawberries in the upper left hand corner of the picture. Those other sticks look so yummy I think I will go back to try them too!) Afterward I was going to go to She Shan, a hilly forest area 3 subway stops away, but the weather turned windy and cloudy so I went to a cafe and drank green tea while listening to very vogue canned music of a French singer doing some of my favorites, like Moon River, Tea for Two, and On the Bayou. And looking at the map, I think I can take a taxi next time. Tomorrow I will have an outing with some local Chinese nurses to the seaside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2011

You know you've been in China for a while when...

Ice Cream!