staff mtg

I had a shocking moment during yesterday's staff meeting. I wonder if I was the only one who was quaking in my boots, so to speak. A teacher asked for ideas for a reward to a class that wins a special contest, only the teacher specified can we be creative and not reward them with food like we always do. Another staff suggested how about we give them all books. Several people sneered, laughed and made sarcastic comments at her suggestion! I was dumbfounded and saddened that my so-called colleagues would act so uncaringly. I told her I thought it was a good idea, because it is really hard for kids to get their hands on good books in their native languages here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on, LIVE!

You know you've been in China for a while when...

March 1, 2011