The landlord stopped by this morning to repair some small halogen spotlights in my place. He also offered to give me a study lamp and asked whether I needed hangers for clothes. It took him an hour and some sore shoulders to fix those lights but afterward he, his wife and son and I met for lunch at a nearby hot pot restaurant.

The weather is quite warm now; today it should reach about 80 F. I'm off to buy a summer quilt of 100% cotton.

It is a national holiday this weekend for Intenational Labor Day. We have 4 days free. I'm staying in Shanghai to sightsee locally and relax. Too many people travel on national holidays and it is not a pleasant experience to try to mix with the masses. I try to avoid that. Local rush hour is enough crowd action for me. So tomorrow my Phillipina friends and I are planning to go to Qibao old street. I'm looking forward to another stick of strawberries!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2011

You know you've been in China for a while when...

Reading