Heat of Summer

It feels like walking through soup outside or any time I shut of the air conditioning for a while! The real temp hovers around 88-93 all the time but with the humidity it feels closer to 100 or more. So life here is sticky. I was spoilt all summer in the states with gloriously cool to cold nights, and I don't imagine this heat can last more than about 3 more weeks. I am seriously hoping for a glorious fall!

I am admiring my boyfriend - too bad from so far away - he is going to receive a regional award for helping people in substance abuse treatment although he is not officially a treatment professional. I am very proud of his accomplishments and how many individuals he has helped over the years in our home community. He has made a real difference in the lives of countless individuals who may have been in the depths of despair and in terrible places of their lives.

Life is much simpler here, that is for sure. But I really miss my boyfriend and family! Thank heaven for the internet and cheap telecommunications. That really helps this life. No pictures for now as one is 'stuck' coming into my phone for now. I promise to add lots of pictures as soon as this incoming media is unstuck! : ) Cheers--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on, LIVE!

You know you've been in China for a while when...

March 1, 2011