Water

I just ordered a water delivery and the conversation went like this:

"Hello."
"Hi. I would like to have a delivery of water, please."
"Oh, you're the foreigner up there on Beidi Road?"
"Yes, that's right."
"Ok, sure, no problem.
"OK, thanks."

I may be this distributor's only customer where I live, and certainly I am the only foreign customer they have out here. Water that is drinking/cooking water comes in large plastic water bottles such as for water coolers. I have about three kinds of water. Water from the tap, which I only use to wash dishes, clothes and for bathing; water in the plastic big bottle that comes via delivery for cooking and tea, and finally bottled mineral water which I prefer for drinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on, LIVE!

You know you've been in China for a while when...

March 1, 2011