Waterfalls

Lately I have fallen for music composed by the living artist Yann Tiersen, a Brit living in France.  He wrote the score for the movie Amelie, perhaps most famous for the piano piece Comptine d'un autre ete L'apres but I just love Sur le fil which is for viola, as well.  I love the emotional intensity in his work.  He has some other cool stuff, like Le Train and Rue de Cascades, which made me think about the meaning of the word 'cascades' as we have the Cascade mountain range in the western part of the U.S. and crossing them is a rite of passage for me, a wintery routine we must pray that the weather gives us passage through during the winter.  Cascades literally means "waterfalls." 

Comments

Anonymous said…
interesting blog

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2011

You know you've been in China for a while when...

Reading