Paradigm Shift

par·a·digm (pār'ə-dīm', -dĭm')
n.
One that serves as a pattern or model.

A set or list of all the inflectional forms of a word or of one of its grammatical categories: the paradigm of an irregular verb.

A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline. [Dictionary.com]

>>>Yesterday I had dinner with a new friend and musician. We were discussing all sorts of personal life choices, dreams and hopes. I love music and I love being a musician; providing a source of joy to others as well as teaching that is very important to me. But during this conversation when he kept saying he hoped I could get back to the states, it suddenly occured to me that music, while I intensely enjoy that it fuels my livelihood, is not my goal. Strange. But I felt a distinct shift -- momentary, yes, but it was there -- that I have a goal. One overriding life goal. It could take a lifetime to achieve and even then may not be achieved. It's been percolating in my life for many years. Only why did it take this long to surface to my conscious level? And why am I so attached to it? Everything is a blessing of experience leading to this goal. This one is going to take a while.

I have a personal hero that I would like to emulate although being who I am of course my life is different. Music is a player in this life; so is helping others on their ways. I am grateful for all the people who help me on the way too.

Happy National Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2011

You know you've been in China for a while when...

Reading