Autumn Image at LAS Shanghai


Students in our school, many of whom are not native English speakers, try to swear and it comes out sounding like "shee tah" . You can guess what they are trying to say. But today I learned that in Korean, this means "no" or "hate" so when a boy kept saying it over and over to another boy I told him to stop. But he was just saying no to the student next to him, not swearing. They at least pretended to understand that it didn't sound like good English. I told him to just say "no" in English.

I just saw an incredible article about a Japanese designer using crystals to create furniture. I am most impressed. http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/13/travel/DESIGN13.php

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2011

You know you've been in China for a while when...

Reading