Eating Korean




The vacation has officially started. Nine days of freedom and they're getting filled with fun fast. Today, Naomi and I tried a Korean restaurant on the recommendation by the mother of one of her kindergarten students. It took us some wandering around but we found it. First, you can see a snapshot of the 18 - yes 18 - dishes of cold appetizers. And we only ordered 2 things: a pancake with green bean and a hot bubbling pot of intestines and other more recognizable things like noodles and vegetables. We had a great meal and a good talk. I told her the spicy food made us talk about the most passionate and hot topics - which will stay between us girls! - and of course how it is to live internationally in Shanghai. I even ate intestines...

The weather has finally turned lovely with a cool breeze, sunny, perfect to ride my other "new" second-hand bike home from Xujiahui district. I picked this up from another expat who's moving back. The bike is a dream to ride and I decided it will be good to have a spare, and this one will be good for cruising. I wasn't really even tired after the 45 minute ride home. In fact it's faster than a bus. This may be the one to take me all the way to the bund from my place...after all, it is an "Alice" brand bike!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you've been in China for a while when...

March 1, 2011

Reading